So, our house is on an acre of land. It's a lot of grass to mow and last summer we used a regular lawn mower to do it. OIY! This year, that's NOT happening. We decided to go with a ride on mower, so I put an ad on craigslist and sold our 9 month old regular lawnmower. (I tend to do things without thinking them through) Of course the mower sold right away. Hmmm, the grass is getting longer and longer. We still haven't purchased a new mower. I just know our neighbors hate us and think we're trying to grow a forest by now. After seeing an ad in the classifieds for yard work I decided to call and get a quote. WOW! Just $55 to mow, edge and trim our entire lot!? (I had imagined it would be upwards of $100) I jumped on it and scheduled an appointment.

Yesterday the man came. He mowed, trimed and edged our entire lot. He's a saint! I sat in my kitchen and watched, breaking no sweat, getting no sunburn, didn't sneeze once! ...I was in heaven and so was my un-handy husband.

Quite frankly, I don't think we'll be purchasing a lawn mower this year. I kind of like having a lawn-man come and do the work for me! Never, in a million years would I have ever imagined myself saying that. Imagine the things my mother would say if only she knew!

0 messages:

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3