We are surrounded by sickness.  Nearly everyone I know has battled it the last few weeks.  Colds, Strep, Stomach Virus and now the Flu!  It’s been one heck of a year.  I don’t remember it ever being this bad!?

So far, our kids have managed to dodge the Stomach Virus.  (Thankfully, as that’s the worst one for Mommy’s to deal with!!)  Boy #1 wasn’t so lucky though.  He has come down with the Flu.  The last time the Flu made rounds through the family it was like watching a set of dominoes.  One falls, then another and another…  I’m a nervous wreck, watching my other kids for any sign or symptom.  Boy #3 was extremely grumpy last night, which is  typical for him when he’s tired.  I immediately reached up and felt his head. Nope, you’re not warm.  ((Fingers crossed))  So far so good, but we’re only on day #4.  I’m not sure what the incubation time period is for the Flu?  We’re not out of the woods just yet.

In the meantime, I have developed quite a relationship with the can of Lysol.  If you could be a fly on the wall in my house right now, you’d be laughing your head off.  Whatever Boy #1 touches is immediately sprayed down.  He changed the channel on the TV last night before I could get to him and I just cringed.  I ran over and sprayed the heck out of that remote!!  Then I sprayed his chair after dinner….you name it, it’s sprayed. 

I can’t say enough about hand disinfectant either.  We have a bottle of the stuff on the kitchen counter.  Now that we’ve got Flu in the house I get a squirt nearly every time I walk by.  (Which is very often since the Kitchen is in the middle of the house!)  I also grab the princess as she walks by and rub the disinfectant all over her hands too.  She’s a thumb sucker and so any germ that get’s on her hands is immediately into her mouth.

Keep your fingers crossed for us.  Mr. Flu, you are not welcome here!!

0 messages:

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3