Success! 

The Princess slept in her big girl bed last night for the very first time.  She was so excited when we put the mattress in.  It was cute watching her struggle to get up onto the huge bed.  She’s just so tiny.  Well, we don’t call her monkey for nothing, she quickly learned to scale up onto it.  We told her she was going to sleep in her new big girl bed tonight.  I wasn’t sure how much she understood, but she put up no fuss when I tucked her in.  I kissed her on the head and shut the door.  She didn’t make a peep!  I checked in on her after about 10 minutes and she was out like a light. (We’ve still got a few things to do in the room, so pictures will be a few more days.)

Nap time will be the biggest test.  Somehow, I think her days of taking a nap are now over.  I really hope that’s not the case, but she’s been fighting the naps for some time now.  Fortunately, she was in the safe keeping of a crib before and I wasn’t constantly battling her to stay in bed.  Sometimes she would go to sleep and other times she wouldn’t.  The child apparently doesn’t require much sleep!  Drives me nuts.  The boys didn’t stop taking naps until they went off to kindergarten.  She could at least give me a few more years!? 

 

 

2 messages:

  1. Overwhelmed! said...

    We switched Snuggle Bug to a toddler bed on his 2nd birthday. He's been doing great in in thus far!  

  2. Angel The Alien said...

    My niece was the same way... she's almost 4 now but started avoiding naps when she was about 2! My nephew on the other hand is 10 and would still be taking naps if he didn't have to be in school!!! ANd I... I would like a nap once in a while!!!

    - Angel  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3