I've learned recently that I REALLY need to focus more on letting things go.

If you know me very well, you know that I can hold a grudge.
If you don't know my very well, you should know....
I can hold a grudge.


Yep. I mean it. I can hold a grudge for a V.E.R.Y. long time.
Want an example?
I haven't spoken to my Aunt in almost 5 years! She's never even met my daughter.

Apparently, my late father pulled my husband aside 12 yrs ago when he learned we were engaged to be married. He actually asked my (then) Fiance if he was sure what he was getting himself into...He went on to explain how extremely stubborn I was. MY OWN FATHER did this!?

(I'm so glad my husband didn't tell me this information until 11 yrs later!)

Of course like all of us there have been situations over the years. I've been able to let some things go, while others I continue to steam about. I decided I need to let all of those things go. Life is just too short to waste, moping around worrying about what happened in the past.

On a separate but related note, I've also learned that I REALLY need to stop worrying about what other people think. It's so bad, I often stay away from my very own blog because I don't want to offend any my readers. Well you know what? This is MY BLOG and so I think I'll write whatever I want to write about. If you don't like it, then go away.

*wow, I actually said that outloud*

So, I'm going to let things go and stop worrying about what other people think. I am who I am. I'll do what I want to do. If you don't like it, then go find someone else who cares.

(sorry to bore you with my self therapeutic session here)

OH WAIT! I'm not apologizing for that! This is my blog and I'll do with it as I please.

Ahhh, so I guess it's a start right? haha

5 messages:

  1. Michelle said...

    You??!!! Hold a grudge??!! STUBBORN??!! NO WAY!!! :D I happen to love your stubbornness!  

  2. Shelia said...

    Good for you Kristen! I'm also one to hold on to the past a little more than I should... so I know exactly where you're coming from. My husband is actually my "reality check" of sorts. When I get to stuck in my "grudge" mode, he sits me down and brings my focus back to the more important things in life! If you ever want to talk or vent, I'm just an email away!

    Take care... and can't wait to see some new pictures soon!  

  3. Momnerd said...

    You are so right. You need to be yourself and post about what you want to, regardless of what anyone else might think. One quote I've always remembered goes something like this: "We would worry less what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do!" I'm lucky in that I was given the blessing of being able to easily forgive and forget. But I have a lot of respect for you for wanting to try.  

  4. Anonymous said...

    Oh dear. I have been talking to myself the past week on the same issue. Someone may hurt me once but it will be the last time....
    Yep, it's your blog and you have a right to your voice and we want to hear it!  

  5. Uberly Ewe said...

    GREAT! I have to remind myself of this same truth all the time. This is your blog!  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3