I'm so proud. Christopher (13) managed to keep his grades up and brought home a decent report card. We are really pushing the positive reinforcement right about now, let me tell you!!!!!

Moving on... What do you do when you have a child that has special needs who is getting grades he didn't necessarily earn? I'm talking about NJ, (10) He's always been a little behind, even before missing a ton of school the past two years due to having multiple surgeries. He's in Special Ed. and has some accommodations. What's normal in cases like his? What's expected? I mean, when I look at his report card with all A's and B's I am pleased! I know for a fact he is not doing 5th grade level work. His work is lower than that of my 3rd grader. At what point do we worry they are doing this? Obviously the Teachers want him to succeed... and don't get me wrong, I want him to succeed too but at some point this is going to catch up with us. He's going to get to 6th grade or 7th grade and be so far behind and lost that it will extremely stressful for him to even think about catching up. Aren't they doing him a disservice by inflating his grades now?

I just don't know what to think.

2 messages:

  1. Ashley said...

    Thats a tough one!! Good Luck!! Princess is getting more and more beautiful!!  

  2. M said...

    That is a tough one.

    Sorry I haven't been over here to comment much. I get the posts emailed to me and have been reading them there.

    Hope the Princess is doing well!  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3