Yes, you read that right. A teenage monster is brewing right under my roof!!!

"Yes, Your Teen is Crazy! Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind"

That is the book I am reading right now in hopes that I can survive the next decade. My oldest son is now 12. (12 going on 26!!) Everyday he throws something my way and I must step back, bite my lip and contemplate how I will react. Everyday, I feel like I'm getting in more and more over my head.

You see...
I can handle newborns, the getting up every hour through the night and wandering around sleep deprived, covered in spit-up.

I can handle toddler temper tantrums in the middle of Walmart. The glares and stares that come along with it.

I can handle the Grade School age sassing, tattle-tailing and back-talking.

Unfortunately, I think I've finally met my match. The TWEEN (or pre-teen) child has my mind going in back flips. I am so afraid to say the wrong thing or make the wrong decision!! He really seems crazy, and according to the book, he is in every sense of the word. They promise me he will outgrow it. That's great, but what am I supposed to do with him in the meantime?? I'm contemplating tying him to the bed for the next 6 years.



*silence*




... oh you thought I was kidding? Perhaps I can place an ad in the paper. I can see it now:

Free
Know it all, tantrum throwing, unappreciative, selfish, rude, stubborn, foul-mouthed boy available. We're told he will someday grow to be a nice young man.*

*
All sales final! I will not provide any guarantees or warranty. Proceed at your own risk.



Any takers?? Oh, come on! It will be great practice for the day your innocent, angelic little tikes turn into crazy teenage monsters.

2 messages:

  1. M said...

    I don't even want to think about that age yet. I've got an 8 year old who's about ready to make me pull my hair out.

    Good Luck!!  

  2. Momma chaos said...

    Ha! Thanks but no thanks! I have a 12yo of my own- a GIRL complete with all the lovely flowing hormones that comes with it.. I am not looking forward to a few years from now when I will have TWO teenagers--ack!! Perhaps I should start planning my move now (without them).. I can see an extra extra long vacation far----far away :)  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3