Not only do I love Gymboree's clothes, but the Princess also took some classes at our local Gymboree Play and Music Center including Baby Signs. We really enjoyed ourselves.

But it gets better...
Today I got a few new books. Did you know Gymboree has Books???


"Key Porter Books announces 2008 Spring Collection"


Gymboree’s PLAY & LEARN: 1001 FUN ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR BABY AND CHILD by Gymboree child development experts, is a must-have resource for parents and anyone who spends time with babies and young kids. Kid-tested, parent-friendly activities are ideal for spontaneous fun with no complicated preparation necessary, while chapter introductions highlight developmental milestones for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.


It's super easy to flip through with the ages clearly displayed on the edge of each page. Different colors also help separate the age groups. I can find the chapter for 3o+ month olds, within seconds. (There's nothing worse than a big book that is loaded information but you have a hard time FINDING any of it!)

Here's an example of what you'll find in the book...

#631 Test the Taste Buds
Try this sensory-exploration game when you're in the kitchen. Have your little one close his eyes tightly and open his mouth. Pop something yummy in, then see if he can guess what it is. A piece of banana? A chocolate chip? Now ask him to hold his nose and try again- what differences does he notice?

How fun!


We also got 2 of the new board books.


Parents, Caregivers and Children alike will enjoy counting from one friendly frog to ten buzzing bees, seeing letters in action, exploring the world of color, and discovering shapes in common objects with four new Gymboree board books: NUMBERS, ALPHABET, COLORS and SHAPES. Translations with pronunciation guides make it easy to name key shapes, colors and numbers in French, German, Italian and Spanish for budding linguists.


Yes, that's right they even have different languages. Did you know a triangle was a dreieck (DRY-eck) in German? I sure didn't! I LOVE these books, even I might learn something.

Keep your eye out for these brand new books, I highly recommend them.



PLAY & LEARN: 1001 FUN ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR BABY AND CHILD ISBN: 978-155470-033-2; 240 pages; $24.95, paper; pub. date: March, 2008


NUMBERS ISBN: 978-155470-032-9; SHAPES ISBN: 978-155470-040-X
COLORS ISBN: 978-155470-039-6; ALPHABET ISBN: 978-155470-031-0

$7.95 each; board book; 6 ½ x 5 ¼”; ages 1 and up; pub. date: February, 2008

3 messages:

  1. Cole Twins said...

    I LOVE gymboree clothes too. Just wish I could afford to dress all 4 of my kids in it everyday!  

  2. Uberly Ewe said...

    Gymboree is the best! My little guy is taking the level 7 school readiness class and I have seen so much improvement. Infact when he took his very first Gymboree class when he was 13 months old he was not walking yet and soon started to just from watching the other children. I love the teachers and the other ladies and families I have meet through Gymboree. Cool that they now have books!!!! I will have to go check them out! Did you know they have DVD's too? We got them for Bug a few months back and he loves the songs and movement, and is just like a class.  

  3. Uberly Ewe said...

    Gymboree is the best! My little guy is taking the level 7 school readiness class and I have seen so much improvement. Infact when he took his very first Gymboree class when he was 13 months old he was not walking yet and soon started to just from watching the other children. I love the teachers and the other ladies and families I have meet through Gymboree. Cool that they now have books!!!! I will have to go check them out! Did you know they have DVD's too? We got them for Bug a few months back and he loves the songs and movement, and is just like a class.  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3