So much happened on Adoption Day I've decided to break it down into multiple posts. Right up till the end in which I have a recording of the court proceedings which took place over the phone via speaker phone. (Strange I know!)

First thing Tuesday we took her to the Pediatrician to get her ears pierced. Yes, they do that at the Pediatrician! I'd read many times in Parenting magazines and such that if at all possible you want to have your child's ears pierced at the Doctor. So I called, and sure enough they offered it. After some numbing cream was placed and I signed some paperwork, 2 nurses came in and well... the pictures speak for themselves:







I was pleasantly surprised they informed me that I don't have to take special care of her ears once pierced. Normally, you have to turn the earring every so often and clean it with Hydrogen Peroxide to keep it from geting infected. Well, they now offer a special medical grade plastic type earings. Plus, there are no allergies associated with these type of earings. Major bonus!!

Then we got "pink" Ice Cream by her request and went Shopping for a new dress. We stopped at a little Children's Clothing Boutique that I'd never been too called Lil' Dudes and Divas. I splurged on an adorable dress by cachcach Shhhh... don't tell hubby how much it cost!!! (Hey it's not every day you get ADOPTED right!?)



...more to come soon!

5 messages:

  1. Momma chaos said...

    awww! Love the earrings! I've been contemplating getting my princess' ears pierced.. Too cute!  

  2. Angel The Alien said...

    Sounds like an awesome Adoption Day!
    What a lucky family!  

  3. junglemama said...

    Cute earrings. :)  

  4. ShellyH said...

    Totally adorable! I need to get #3 holes in my ears again, the last 2 times I have gotten my #3 holes in, they have gotten infected. I am going to call around this week and see if any doctors here do ear piercings! Thanks for the tip.  

  5. Kids Special Needs said...

    Great idea! I had no idea that they do that at the Doctor's office....  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3