I finally have some time to sit down and update things.

....she does not have Cystic Fibrosis. Yay!!! We see the Pulminologist again soon for followup. I'm not sure what he's going to do now. All of the medication (for reflux) that he had us try proved worthless. The Dysphagiagram (to check for aspiration of liquids or solids when she eats) again came out normal. It's all wonderful news.... yet she continues to have frequent wheezing episodes. I hope he has a good Plan B. We shall see.

I contacted the caseworker in Denver to find out the status of the Adoption. She emailed me back and said that last time she spoke with her guy (whoever that is!) they were only waiting on our latest fingerprint cards to be returned from the State.

Hmm? That's odd, because I don't remember ever agreeing to a subsidy!? They can't file for a day in court without that being crossed of the agenda list. This is the sweetest caseworker, but sometimes I really do wonder.... because we're not actually *in* Denver (or even in Colorado for that matter) if she pushes our case to the back burner because it's so convenient. I mean, after all she doesn't have monthly home visits to remind her that we're sitting here anxiously awaiting the day our Daughter is OFFICIALLY ours.

I do have some more good news though. As we near the end of yet another year of waiting, my husband and I have begun to get a little nervous. You see,we have not done any of the required annual training hours in order to keep our Foster Care license. The LAST thing we want to do is take all of the initial training (27 hours here in Oklahoma) over again. We have to have a current Foster Care license in order for "The Princess" to remain in our care until her Adoption is finalized. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever imagine it wouldn't be finalized by the end of the year. The way the case is progressing though, now I'm not so sure. We may very well still be waiting come January.

Thinking about the possibility that we may have to scramble together 12 annual credit hours in just a few weeks was a little stressful to say the least.

Well, I got some paperwork in the mail from the Oklahoma caseworker yesterday. It was a report of any training we've done over the year and how many hours were still needed. Much to my surprise, instead of a big fat ZERO, it stated that we had:
27 hours, 2007

Apparently, because we didn't finish last year's class until January of 07 (due to Weather related cancellations of the class, several weeks in a row) they are counting all of those training hours for 07. Technically, I'm not sure they were supposed to do that, but I'm certainly not going to wave my arms around pointing it out to them. No way Jose. What a relief that is!

1 messages:

  1. Jennefer said...

    That's great news about the credit hours! Also, it must be a relief to know that your daughter doesn't have CF. I guess they've already ruled out asthma?  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3