A large envelope arrived in the mail on Friday from Colorado. Knowing it was Adoption related I quickly sat down and opened it with urgency. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find, but let me just say I was quite disappointed. What I found made me want to run to the closest brick wall and bang my head upon it a few times.

Remember all the documents I had to gather and paperwork I needed to do for our Adoption worker here in Oklahoma? I was complaining that just weeks later I found myself doing it all over again for our Licensing worker. For some reason these people can't figure out how to SHARE documents with each other. Well, apparently it must be done a 3rd time... for Colorado.

This is NUTS!!!!!!

I'm pretty pissed off at this point. The paperwork from Colorado also mentions an $800 Home study fee.... um hello? We've already had our home study done- multiple times in fact in both States. We had an Adoptive Home study under our belt when the Judge gave us "Allocation of Parental Responsibilities" and named us as the Adoptive Family. Our Private Agency did that Home study and we do not have to pay for it. One of the benefits of Adopting from the Foster Care System vs. Private Adoption.

Let me tell you, those workers in Colorado are going to get an earful on Monday!!!

Never, never, EVER move while you're in the process of Adopting a Foster Child. It's a NIGHTMARE.

1 messages:

  1. Uberly Ewe said...

    So sorry to read that things are still not done yet. I feel for you.  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3