It could be so much worse. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. You see while the family was coming home from Dinner on Saturday night, the car in front of me stopped suddenly. I slammed on my brakes to avoid a collision and the words "Crap" espaped from my lips. Seconds later we hear an angelic voice coming from the back seat. "CRAP!" She wasn't just muttering the word, no. She was screaming at the top of her little lungs. "CRAP!" Of course, the entire car lit up with laughter. It's an automatic response you see. With that brought more "CRAP" over and over. Immediately my husband and I covered our mouths and tried to keep the laughter inside. The brothers in the backseat beside her, not so much.


So you see, it could be worse right? At least it wasn't OH F***! Or S***!


((SIGH))

3 messages:

  1. Angel The Alien said...

    LOL... It happens! When my niece was two she had a habit of swearing... at alarmingly appropriate times! Once my sister had just finished cleaning out her car, only to find that her older son had dropped an open can of pop on the floor of the back seat. My sister started to explode, "Who spilled pop in the..." She trailed off, noticing her 2-year-old daughter standing next to her.
    The 2-year-old smiled and said cheerfully, "In the damn car, right, Mommy?"  

  2. Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

    LOL!!! That's a smart 2-year-old!!

    I'm more apt to say *something interesting* about the other driver. I get a chorus of, "You shouldn't say STUPID, Mom..."

    OK, moronic, then ... "What does that mean?" And on and on... Eventually these children will be like walking Thesaurus-es on "stupidity" and "jerkiness". I guess it's kind of a game, but it gets my mind off of what a "stupid person" the other guy just was...

    Mrs. C.  

  3. Gillian Lang said...

    We had the same thing happen with the little guy when he was 2. Except I said Dammit!  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3