So the ENT thinks NJ's ear looks pretty good! The small hole left over from the ear tubes he had as a baby is very tiny and in a perfect location. The Doctor feels as if it is almost acting as a built in, permanent ear tube! He sees no reason to patch it up. Most importantly, he sees no sign of a Cholesteatoma!!

All great news right? Well, yes... kind of. He also feels that the symptoms NJ presented with were very concerning and because of his medical history, feels NJ needs to have an MRI to check on the progress of his Chiari Malformation. I explained that we already have one scheduled in a few weeks, and that we also have an appointment with a Neurosurgeon. The Doctor was was glad and said we're doing the right thing. That freaks me out! I'm soooo glad we're going to Chicago in a few weeks.

We're supposed to followup with the ENT a week after we get back from Chicago and keep an eye on his ear in the meantime.

Feb. 20th can't get here soon enough. I just want to know what's going on inside the boys head. Is it bad enough to be stressing over?? I'm worried. I can't help it.

1 messages:

  1. Cole Twins said...

    Ummmm.... I wonder if it is from the Chiari? You're right, it is very interesting - I would love to know.
    Riley's surgery is scheduled for Feb 13th. I, like you, can not wait for it to get here. It does seem like time is going fast, but I have so much to do to get ready!!!

    WE should be on the good end of healing when you guys get to the RMDH. What time is your appointment with Frim??  

PhotobucketPage copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

 

Blogger Templates by Adam Every

ss_blog_claim=08e94abe01f5978d35560257534505f3